Friday, December 1, 2006

Friday December 1, 2006

apparently blogger doesn't allow me to post several day's posts at the same time but under different dates...and now the order is a bit messed up too.so I will just put the date in the title)

The weather in HK is wonderful! Its about 20 degrees right now with a slight breeze and no hint of humidity. I'm really glad the weather's good, i can get pretty miserable if it gets too hot and humid.

We stayed at Auntie Carrie's last night. She lives in a place called "Ma On Shan" which is not directly in the city, but on the outskirts, where there is a lot more trees and grass and stuff. I was pretty much asleep once I lay down, and I got a really good night's sleep, so that pretty much took care of the jet lag.

The view from my room in HK

I went to get my Hong Kong identity card today. Since I was born here in HK, it wasn't a problem at all. I still don't know what the HK identity card does for me though...except that I don't have to wait in the "visitors" line at the airport next time I visit HK...LoL

We also went to see the new 360 cable car ride here. It actually just opened a couple months ago, and the weather was perfect today to go up. I have to admit, ever since I arrived yesterday, I've been really impressed by the scenery here in HK. There are some incredibly breathtaking places here, which I never knew about. what a great combination of city life and nature! I don't have much time to post pics...more to come later!

2 comments:

Ben Bacola said...

Hey Gary,

Those mountain pics look awesome. We got some snow here today. Maybe I'll save you a snowball.

Ben

KK said...

Hey Gary, hope you're having a good time in HK! Just be wary of the streetside food vendors, I don't know how clean they are O_o

KK