Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fun in the....SNOW?

Looks like I brought some winter chill to Vancity from the T.dot. Its getting really cold here, and we're actually seeing a lot of snow here. Its ironic that I felt it completely unnecessary to bring any form of winter garments here with me. After all, I'm going to be in shorts soon (as soon as I hit HK) and I'd probably need a rain jacket before I need a winter jacket here anyway.

So here I am, freezing my butt off in a vest and running shoes. It snows here like it rains, light but NEVER-ENDING! We've gotten probably about a foot of snow now, with another 10-15 cm forcasted in the next couple of days. Its funny b/c walking around, you still see tonnes of people on the street walking around with umbrellas to shield themselves from the snow...perhaps they just don't know how to deal with the snow here...or they are just in denial...haha

Either way it was pretty fun b/c we ended up bundling up (me in my vest) and heading out to play in the snow. We built snow forts like when we were kids and blasted each other with snowballs. I have to say, the snow is kool here... nice, white and fluffy here, not the yellow sludge we get back in T.O

Building snow forts

My Giant Snowball

Ready to Fight!

Random

Today I got a chance to meet someone that was really influential in my life, though I had never met him before. His name is Gordon T. Smith and he wrote a book called "Listening to God in times of Choice". And as chance would have it, he is current a preaching pastor at Gary Eng's church right now. What an experience it was to meet a man who's book I drew a lot of encouragement from when making some big decisions in my life. I still read his quote once in a while:

"It does not make sense for a Christian to live in constant anxiety, worrying over whether the right decision has been made or paralyzed by an inevitable decision. We cannot live in a straightjacket of indecision; neither can we live continually second-guessing the choices we have already made. If we are to live with inner peace and sanity in this perplexing world, we must be able to make choices with confidence and live in peace concerning these decisions. And surely the Bible is clear that our God longs to guide us and give us assurance about our tomorrows" ~ Gordon T. Smith


Me and Gordon T

No comments: